Accessing Child Window From ESAPI Script

Oct 7, 2013 at 7:01 AM
First of all, it is great to see this site as a resource for the ESAPI. Thanks in advance!

I am currently working on some code to display a user interface to show a file dialog to save the output from accessing dose information. All of the code is fine, but I am having difficulties understanding how to pass user controls to the Window parameter that the Execute() method uses.

In other words, if I made a normal WPF application, how can I launch the MainWindow from the Script inside of Eclipse? The example DVH script that is installed with the API won't launch in our environment (in fact for multiple centers that have v11), so if you know of an example that uses a child window with the Script, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
Jon
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Wnen you run the Example DVH script, are you choosing the compiled "Example_DVH.esapi.dll" as the script to run? Choosing the code file "Example_DVH.cs" as your script to run will not work since this project has multiple code artifacts that need to be included for the script to run.

Otherwise, could you please share the error message you are seeing?
Oct 9, 2013 at 3:02 AM
This was exactly the problem! I didn't see the .dll to choose because I didn't have the .esapi extension. It is running great now.

Thanks so much!
Jon
Marked as answer by wkeranen on 10/15/2013 at 7:09 AM