Using ESAPI data types for calculations

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Edited Oct 9, 2014 at 6:19 AM
Hi

I have to plan sum some 40 odd plans with in a course for a research project. I am afraid of crashing the Eclipse and loosing data by using standard PlanSum functionality.

Therefore, I want to use scripting to read these plan and then sum the dose values into another object of class PlanSetup or PlanSum and then evaluate properties such as overall DVH or D99 etc of all the plans combined.

I don't want to write anything on the Eclipse, I just want to use the ESAPI to read the plans and do the desired calculations on the doses from these plans together. Is this feasible?

Thanks
Prab
Coordinator
Oct 10, 2014 at 7:45 PM
In the research API version this would be an easy task. There you can create a new sum plan, and add your 40 plans to it and then get the DVHs and D99s.

But in the clinical version you cannot create new objects, like sum plans. You can read the plans, but you will have to sum the doses in your own code, and calculate the DVHs etc.
Oct 13, 2014 at 12:48 AM
Thanks stuomaal for the guidance, as suggested I will do the calculation for dose summation and DVH.