Scripts are not listed in the window: External Beam Planning->Tools->Scripts

Apr 14, 2015 at 8:37 PM
Edited Apr 14, 2015 at 8:38 PM
Recently, out center's eclipse is upgraded to V13.5. I have several binary Plug-in scripts and want to run them from Treatment Planning->External Beam Planning->Tools->Scripts. However, if though I navigate the directory to the right folder, dll will not be displayed. Any Clues? Does it because I don't have the research scripting license? Scripts can be displayed correctly at Treatment Planning->Contouring and Imaging/Registration. I also notice there is no "script wizard" menu at Treatment Planning->External Beam Planning->Tools. Can anybody help on this?

Thanks.

Joy
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2015 at 9:20 PM
When your Eclipse is upgraded, the existing scripts (binary plug-ins and standalone) need to be recompiled and built with the new DLLs. Do this:

Open the script solution in Visual Studio. Delete the references to VMS.TPS.Common.Model.API and VMS.TPS.Common.Model.Types in all the projects, and add them again from the new Eclipse binary folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Varian\Vision\13.5\Bin64). Then recompile.

External Beam Planning does not have a script wizard in the application menus, but it should be found at Windows Start Menu -> All Programs -> Varian -> Eclipse Scripting API.
Apr 14, 2015 at 10:27 PM
Edited Apr 14, 2015 at 10:29 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I am aware of assembly changes and I did successfully recompile the code. I did get a warning message see below, although I don't think it matters.

It is weird. The script window can display .cs scripts and it does not display any .dll scripts.

I don't have the folder Start Menu -> All Programs -> Varian -> Eclipse Scripting API either. Three items are under my Start Menu -> All Programs -> Varian, which are UserHome, Administration, EMR.

Warning Message:
1>C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(1605,5): warning MSB3270: There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "VMS.TPS.Common.Model.API", "AMD64". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2015 at 11:09 PM
The warning messages don't matter. (If you want to get rid of them, select Build->Configuration Manager, select Active solution platform -> <New...>, Type or select the new platform-> x64, click OK. Then at the properties of the project, Build tab, correct the Output path back to ....\plugins)

When you build the script, note the output line that says in which directory the dll was created, like this:

RBEReport -> C:\projects\variandeveloper\Eclipse Scripting API\plugins\RBEReport.esapi.dll

Also note that the dll name must have have esapi.dll. Eclipse script dialog only lists those dlls.

You can contact your Varian service people and ask them to install the Eclipse scripting API wizard.

Hope this helps.
Seppo
Apr 15, 2015 at 6:01 AM
Thanks, Seppo. I tested .esapi.dll file name extension and the script worked as expected. So the file name extension, .esapi.dll, is the trick to make the script show up. Thanks! I appreciate your help!

Joy