Plan optimisation parameters

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:19 AM
I am trying to constuct a physics checksheet tool for IMRT quality assurance.
Is there a way to get the optimisation parameters of a plan using Eclipse scripting, such as the smoothing parameters or the NTO?
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2015 at 3:54 PM
There is ExternalPlanSetup.OptimizationSetup.Parameters, that gives you a list that include OptimizationIMRTBeamParameter (which has SmoothX and SmoothY) and OptimizationNormalTissueParameter. This is starting from version 13.0.
May 12, 2016 at 3:51 AM
Thanks for this information. My centre has recently upgraded Eclipse from version 11.0 to 13.6 so I will try this out1
Nov 4, 2016 at 12:14 AM
The following gives me the smoothing parameters and the normal tissue optimisation parameter:
                    OptimizationSetup osu = context.ExternalPlanSetup.OptimizationSetup;

foreach (OptimizationParameter par in osu.Parameters)
                    {
                        if (par is OptimizationNormalTissueParameter)
                        {
                            OptimizationNormalTissueParameter ntp = par as OptimizationNormalTissueParameter;
                            file.Write("\r\nNTO = {0}", ntp.Priority);
                            file.Write("\r\nOpt Settings = start:{0}%, stop:{1}%, dist from target:{2}mm", ...
                                   ntp.StartDosePercentage,ntp.EndDosePercentage,ntp.DistanceFromTargetBorderInMM);
                        }
                        if (par is OptimizationIMRTBeamParameter)
                        {
                            OptimizationIMRTBeamParameter oip = par as OptimizationIMRTBeamParameter;                         
                            file.Write("\r\nBeam {0}: smoothX, smoothY = {1},{2}", oip.BeamId,oip.SmoothX,oip.SmoothY);
                        }
                    }