Opening projects

Jun 15, 2015 at 7:48 PM
Hello,

I just installed VisualStudio 2013 and I'm new to C# so forgive me as I am still learning. I opened DataMining.cs and it was missing references to VMS.TPS.Common.Model.API and VMS.TPS.Common.Model.Types so I added those.

I had 2 errors about API.Beam not containing a definition for 'TreatmentUnit'. I opened .API.beam and didn't see anything in there as far as machine names.

We also use External Beam through Citrix...is there anything special I have to do for that? Could I compile the .exe on one computer that has VS on it, and then run it on another computer? No computers in our department have a local version of External Beam.
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2015 at 7:51 PM
Edited Jun 15, 2015 at 7:58 PM
Cs. Files will compile at runtime in Eclipse. Visual Studio doesn't recognize all of the links to DLLs because it is not mapped to a project file. It is just a glorified text editor if you are just editing cs files with no project.

You can make your own project and reference the Varian Dlls if you want this helpful functionality to strongly type your file as you are building it. You would just copy the cs file to your project and Visual Studio will know what is going on once you have your references in place. You will also Add to add references to :
  • PresentationCore
  • PresentationFramework
  • WindowsBase
  • System.Xaml
Nothing special for Citrix other than making sure the dlls or cs files are on a shared network drive accessible via the Citrix servers.
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2015 at 8:05 PM
Also there was a naming change between API versions 11 and 13. If your Eclipse is version 11, replace "TreatmentUnit" with "ExternalBeam".
Jun 15, 2015 at 8:26 PM
Thank you both for the info. I run the script and it says "Script file must provide implementation for class VMS.TPS.Script." I see the VMS.TPS.Script.dll in the program files. Am I missing anything else?
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2015 at 5:45 PM
The DataMining script is a standalone script. When you build it in Visual Studio, it creates DataMining.exe file in the bin folder.

With standalone scripts you can process data from multiple patients in the database. Plugin-scripts can only handle one patient's data.