HELP file

Jun 24, 2015 at 11:22 AM
Hello I'm new to Eclipse scripting, though i've been programming in C# for 2 years (self-taught hobbist).

Is there a Help file where I can see all the avaliable methods and properties of the Eclipse API?

Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2015 at 12:47 PM
If you're using Visual Studio, you can place the cursor on an Eclipse API class or method and press F12 (or right-click and choose "Go to Definition"). This will open a temporary window and show you the contents of the selected class. Each class member contains a summary of what the member is (although I've found that the summaries are not helpful, as they simply re-state the name of the member name). From there, you can continue to press F12 on other ESAPI classes and explore the API.
Jun 24, 2015 at 1:12 PM
Thanks @redcurry,
but I'm am not yet using visual studio because of some intallation issues on my Eclipse worksation. For now I'm using only note pad. Is there an alternative way to view all the available class members?

Regards
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2015 at 1:27 PM
If your Eclipse installation was the same as mine, you should have a help file in C:\VMSOS\Docu\Scripting called VMS_Eclipse_Scripting_API.chm. You can open this file by double-clicking it and browsing its contents.
Marked as answer by MiguelPontes on 6/24/2015 at 8:00 AM
Jun 24, 2015 at 2:29 PM
Edited Jun 24, 2015 at 2:30 PM
Thanks again,
I'm working on a Citrix environment (Aria13.5). Do you know where it is in my case?
Regards.
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2015 at 2:41 PM
Check if you have a D:\VMSOS\Docu directory. In there, you may have a Help directory with CHM files. See if any of them relates to the scripting API. Sorry I couldn't be more specific, but I don't have that specific version of Aria installed.
Oct 7, 2015 at 4:22 PM
In Eclipse, go into External Beam Planning. Then click on the Help icon. Click on Eclipse Scripting API Online Help. This will pull up a document with what I think you are looking for