Running a standalone executable in a citrix environment

Aug 26, 2015 at 1:32 PM
Is there a way to run a standalone in a Citrix environment? We only have a single FAT client but many users that access Eclipse through Citrix.
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2015 at 6:22 PM
Yes, but it's not very user-friendly. In the dialog box for running plug-in scripts, click on Change Directory (as if you were going to choose your script directory). Right-click on any directory and click on Open in New Window (or something like that, I don't have Eclipse running right now). If your stand-alone script is a command-line program, you first need to go to the C:\Windows\system32 directory, find the application "cmd.exe", and double-click on it. This will open the command-line terminal, which allows you to run any executable program, such as your stand-alone program.

For a user-friendly approach, you could write a plug-in script that lists your stand-alone scripts that the user can simply double-click on and run. In fact, I have written such a script, and if you're interested I could post it online.
Aug 27, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Thanks! That did work and was as tedious as described.

If you could post that online that would be great! We could put that to good use. Right now I find it much easier to write complex scripts as standalones then later converting them to eclipse scripts when I am done testing them. This would help with that, especially if someone else is using our fat client.
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2016 at 3:50 AM
I've made a stand-alone script launcher available on my GitHub page (AppLauncherScriptExample), and I've written a blog post on this topic in Launch Stand-Alone Apps from Eclipse.
Sep 14, 2016 at 12:10 AM
How do I upvote stuff on codeplex. Dang Carlos, this is awesome!
Coordinator
Sep 14, 2016 at 12:07 PM
Thanks! :)