Superplan

Oct 5, 2015 at 8:40 PM
Hi,

I ran superplan and got the error message:
'Dose Volume Optimizer version 13.5.15' not supported.

Even though if I don't use the API, the 13.5.15 works fine for optimization.

Please advise.
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2015 at 8:57 PM
Do you have the "Photon Optimization" algorithm configured in your system? Try setting that as your default optimization algorithm and then try rerunning the script. If you don't want to set PO as the default algorithm, you can specify to use PO in the script using the method PlanSetup.SetCalculationModel(...), something like :
  plan.SetCalculationModel(CalculationType.PhotonIMRTOptimization, "PO 13.5.15"); // the exact name of the algorithm to use is configured in Beam Configuration.
Oct 5, 2015 at 9:33 PM
Sorry, I'm a beginner. How do you set Photon Optimization as default optimization algorithm? Is it done in Beam Configuration?

I tried adding the line above and I changed it to plan.SetCalculationModel(CalculationType.PhotonIMRTOptimization, "DVO_V11031") but I still get the error saying 'Dose Volume Optimizer version 11.0.31' not supported, even though when I open up the Beam Configuration for the machine I see DVO_V11031 listed.

Please advise. Thanks so much.
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2015 at 9:51 PM
DVO can no longer be scripted via the API in v13.5 and later. Pre-v13.5 there were separate VMAT and IMRT algorithms, with DVO being the IMRT algorithm. In v13.5 these two were combined into the Photon Optimizer (PO) algorithm so support for DVO via the API was dropped.
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2015 at 9:53 PM
And yes, you use the Beam Configuration workspace to configure the default algorithms.
Oct 5, 2015 at 9:57 PM
I have DVO_13_5_15 as the default model under beam configuration, but I am still getting the error.