Not able to run the project PlanQualityMetric using Visual studio 2010 Express edition

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:28 PM
Hi,
I am new to creating and using Eclipse scripting.I am trying to use source codes given for PlanQualityMetric but when I compile the UserDefinedMetric,I get error for "type of namespace PlanQualityMetric could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?).I went through some of visual studio forums that indicate to reference the source.configure to each of these c# codes but stil I am not getting this to run in ESAPI v11.0.

Is there any thing wrong in my V.Studio 2010 express edition or I need to add some extra codes to these PlanQualityMetric project to run the program?
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2015 at 7:58 PM
The project is a Visual Studio solution, so you need to open the solution and build it. You will likely need to change the Varian assembly references to those on your computer (I had to). I was able to build this solution using Visual Studio Community 2015.
Dec 8, 2015 at 8:39 PM
Hi,
Thank you for the reply.I was able to compile and build solution for DVHExtension,,I refernced it to PQMS,I also referenced System.Configuration besides some of the defauilt Varian assembly references but when I try to compile UserdefinedMetric,,I am getting the error messages listed.what additional assembly references did you change?Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2015 at 8:48 PM
There isn't a solution for DVHExtension.cs alone. DVHExtension.cs is a file in the PlanQualityMetrics project, which is in the PlanQualityMetrics solution. Are you opening each of the cs files independently? You need to open the solution file (called PlanQualityMetrics.sln) in the PlanQualityMetrics directory. When you do, you only need to reference the Varian assemblies, nothing else (any system references should already be there).
Dec 8, 2015 at 8:51 PM
Ok,
I will try that.thank you.
Dec 9, 2015 at 3:30 PM
Hi redcurry,
Thanks.
It worked.
Regards.