Eclipse doesn't recognise user created dll

Dec 11, 2015 at 6:19 PM
I am using Visual Studio 2010 to create "class library" output types and have been successful using message box. However I would like to use an output which I have more options with but don't understand how dll files I have created get recognized by Eclipse.

I have created two dll files, added references in my class library solution in Visual studio. The methods (within the dlls) I would like to use are recognized within visual Studio however when I try to run the .cs file in Eclipse I get assembly reference errors to the namespace of the first dll file I a have created.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2015 at 6:40 PM
Because you're creating a class library, then you're creating a binary plug-in, not a single-file plug-in. Therefore, you can't run the single .cs file in Eclipse. You need to follow the instructions described in the "Eclipse Scripting API Reference Guide" to properly create a binary plug-in. This guide is available through myvarian.com (if you have an account). Also, see the "PlanQualityMetrics" solution (in the Source Code section of this website) for an binary plug-in example.
Marked as answer by TrapJaw on 12/11/2015 at 12:19 PM
Dec 11, 2015 at 7:19 PM
Okay thanks for the reply, Eclipse now recognizes the references in the esapi.dll file.