Run a standalone on the clinical Server

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:31 PM
Sorry for asking this simple question:
How do I run a standalone script on the clinical citrix-based Eclipse? So far, all my standalone scripts ran on a PC which has an explicit installation of Eclipse. I always use the Visual Studio for running with enabled or disable debug mode. But how can I connect to the server-based Eclipse, or how does Visual Studio knows to connect to the server?
Many thanks for a fast reply.
Kristin
Oct 12, 2016 at 5:24 PM
Did you try to put the scripts on a network drive where you can browse to from the citrix-based Eclipse? I had no problem running those scripts as long as I can "change directory" to where they are located.

KristinStuetzer wrote:
Sorry for asking this simple question:
How do I run a standalone script on the clinical citrix-based Eclipse? So far, all my standalone scripts ran on a PC which has an explicit installation of Eclipse. I always use the Visual Studio for running with enabled or disable debug mode. But how can I connect to the server-based Eclipse, or how does Visual Studio knows to connect to the server?
Many thanks for a fast reply.
Kristin
Coordinator
Oct 12, 2016 at 9:51 PM
Kristin,

Do you want to run the stand-alone from Visual Studio but use the clinical database? Or do you want to run the stand-alone from Citrix (XenApp)? To answer the first question, you need to change a configuration file on your computer so that ESAPI accesses the correct database. (I can expand on this answer if that's what you want). To answer the second question, see the following discussion thread: https://variandeveloper.codeplex.com/discussions/644241. In brief, there are two ways: you can use a "loophole" in Eclipse to execute the stand-alone, or you can use the plug-in script I wrote to launch stand-alone scripts (see http://www.carlosjanderson.com/launch-stand-alone-apps-from-eclipse).
Oct 24, 2016 at 3:12 PM
Hi Carlos, can you expand on the first question? I want to develop using iron python with visual studio but Varian do not allow us to install python on the clinical PC..
Thanks
Robin
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2016 at 2:04 PM
Hi Robin,

Do you already have Eclipse (and ESAPI) installed on your computer? If so, there should be a site.xml file in the C:\VMSOS\Config2 directory. Create a back-up copy of that file (just in case), and then edit it to point to the desired system. You'll need to change at least the HostName value and possibly the PortNumber, depending on how your system is configured. If you run Eclipse at this point and get a file access error to "va_data$" you'll need to obtain permissions from your system administrator to that directory as well.
Coordinator
Nov 4, 2016 at 1:26 AM