Script output to web or web apps + nodejs

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:32 AM
Hi,

My interest with all the scripting is to generate the output as web based reports rather than say a console or WPF application. Is this possible? I imagine using asp.net something could be generated as a html document. I've looked at the web based dvh example but using xml seems a slightly complex way of doing it? (relatively new to it all)

Similarly what about web apps, could they be used as a stand alone?

My other question is, has anyone tried integration with nodejs? Thats where my interest lies and I've seena few projects around which I think would work.

Thanks,

Joe.
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2016 at 6:37 PM
Hi Joe,

I'm also interested in creating web apps using ESAPI. Recently, I tried creating a simple ASP.NET application, but I ran into problems related to ESAPI internal assemblies not being found. I'm going to keep trying, though, and if I succeed I'll report back on this forum.
Dec 16, 2016 at 8:02 AM
Hi redcurry,

I made some progress, I managed to run scripts from within eclipse and then this interacted with a node.js server and outputted to browser.

Very basic but took ages to get it going. Would be interesting to see the possibilities of it though.