New Reference Guide on myVarian

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:45 PM
I see a "new" Eclipse API Reference Guide dated Oct 2016 on myVarian.com (Document #: P1008614-005-E). It describes properties and methods that are new to version 13.6 that I am very interested in using. I see the instructions to upgrade to this version by updating my references to the new assemblies, but how do I obtain the new assemblies? What instructions do I give my local service engineer for installing this latest version of the .dlls? the latest version of the online help file? Thanks.
Nov 24, 2016 at 7:33 AM
Same problem here. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, we started scripting with version 13.6, but some references are missing or changed.
Pretty much lost here.

Any help appreciated.
Dec 2, 2016 at 3:11 PM
Edited Dec 2, 2016 at 3:12 PM
How do I even tell what version of the .dlls I am currently using? The help file I have says v13.6 but it does not contain documentation on any of the "new" items mentioned in the "new" Oct 2016 reference guide like RTPrescription added to PlanSetup. If I do dot descension in a script to PlanSetup.RTPrescription, I get the same missing reference as Leduc. Sorry I missed your earlier thread. My local service engineers are just as lost. Thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2016 at 6:35 PM
You probably need to get in touch with Varian to get the new assemblies.

To check out the version of an assembly, right click on the .dll file and go to Properties. Then go to the "Details" tab and look at the "File Version" and "Product Version" entries. The ESAPI assemblies are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Varian\Vision\13.6\Bin64\esapi.