Datamining and patient schedule

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:47 PM
Hello.

100% new here. Sorry for the long post.

My clinic just got a FullScale ARIA 13.6 installation. With this comes scripting on our Eclipse workstations, so I thought I could script a few things to get a feel for what is possible.

I am not new to programming, but I am new to C# (coming from C++ / Python / Javascript) and to Eclipse scripting (coming from Pinnacle scripting).

From that discussion thread and looking at the DataMining example code (couldn't get the link to work, will post at bottom), it is not clear to me what information is and is not available through the scripting API.

One of the first thing I would have liked to script was some kind of radiobiological application using the scheduled appointments of the patients, the actually delivered fractions and what is to come. I thought getting the patient schedule would be relatively easy, but I now get the sense it is not supported by the API. Am I wrong ?

I am also trying to make sense of the RBEReport example (same problem, sorry) and looking at the scripting API pdf documentation to try and find the info, but I thought I would ask here anyhow to see if someone could easily point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Since I couldn't figure out how to make the spaces in the links work out (sorry):

DataMining link:
https://variandeveloper.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#Eclipse Scripting API/projects/DataMining/DataMining.cs

RBE Report link:
https://variandeveloper.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#Eclipse Scripting API/projects/RBEReport/AriaDocumentPost.cs
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2016 at 5:25 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

The best way (in my opinion) to explore the Eclipse Scripting API (ESAPI) is with Visual Studio, using the "Go To Definition" (F12) functionality. Move the cursor to a class, such as PlanSetup, and press F12. Visual Studio will show you the class's definition, including all the properties and methods you can access.

One thing to keep in mind is that the API is focused on Eclipse-related functions, not ARIA in general. Therefore, the script doesn't provide things like scheduling information or tasks or even delivered fractions. There are other APIs, such as the SmartAdapt API, that provides other information. (If you have it, the documentation for the SmartAdapt API is in C:\VMSOS\Docu\Help\VMS.IRS.Scripting.chm.)

The AriaDocumentPost.cs file doesn't seem to use ESAPI. It's referencing other APIs, like the Document Service. The Document Service documentation is in the MyVarian website. If you have access to it, search for "Document Service" and you'll find the "Varian Document Service User Guide," which contains the API documentation.