Eclipse Algorithm API

Mar 11, 2014 at 2:09 AM
Edited Apr 10, 2014 at 1:58 AM
I just started learning ESAPI. As mentioned in the manual, the right way to access Eclipse functionalities is through its scripting API. Since ESAPI V11 only provides limited number of the classes available in ESAPI V13, I wonder if there is any way to have access to some of these functionalites such as optimization parameters, fluence matrix and manually changing MLCs through EAAPI V11.
If this is not possible. Is there any other ways of interacting with Eclipse, e.g. by reading/modifying files inside the data base?

Thanks
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Changing MLCs: you could use file import via the Varian MLC file import, or via file or network using the DICOM DB Daemon.

Varian provides robust DICOM support. To read and write any DICOM RT information you can use the DICOM DB Daemon. See the Scripting the DB Daemon article for an example way to do that. Other DICOM networking technologies besides DCMTK can be used as well.

Fluence Matrix & optimization parameters; not possible with scripting until v13, which is not released in the US yet. For v11, you could change fluence matrix via an optimization algorithm you have written and installed in the system using the Eclipse Algorithm API, but it's a different approach than scripting. Search MyVarian for "Eclipse Algorithm API" to find the appropriate reference guide.
Jun 30, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Hi Wayne:

I am using V13. Can you please tell me how to get fluence matrix? It seems only have "VMS.TPS.Common.Model.API.Beam.GetOptimalFluence()"

Summary:
Gets the optimal fluence for this beam. Returns null if optimal fluence does not exist.

Returns:
Returns the optimized fluence, if it exists. Otherwise null.
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Correct, Beam.GetOptimalFluence() is the method you would use to get access to fluence for the beam.
Jul 14, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Hi I'm looking for "Eclipse_Scripting_API_Reference_Guide". I couldn't find on myvarian!
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2014 at 7:27 PM
I couldn't find the reference guide with search on MyVarian either.

In MyVarian, click "Product Documentation" on the top left, then filter by version 13, you'll find it halfway down the page, document # B504885R01A.
Marked as answer by rexcardan on 7/21/2014 at 2:27 PM