dose calculation issue

Developer
Aug 19, 2014 at 4:26 PM
I'm using ExteranlPlanSetup.CaculateDose() but got an error saying:
"Fixed MU calculation is needed, but preset MU values are not available."
However, the MUs for that plan is available in eclipse, I'm wondering what's missing here, thanks!
Chang
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2014 at 4:34 PM
This is the case when you have an IMRT plan, but there are only DMLCs present, not optimal fluences. Similarly as in Eclipse UI, where it pops up the dialog for the user to define the MUs for each field, in scripting you need to call CalculateDoseWithPresetValues(List<> presetValues). If the MUs are indeed available in your fields, you can just fill the preset values from them.
Developer
Aug 19, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Thanks Stuomaal; however, I cannot read the MUs with esapi although I can see them in the UI, is there anything I'm missing here?
Chang
Developer
Aug 19, 2014 at 6:48 PM
BTW, I'm using ExternalPlanSetup.Beams.Meterset to get the MUs and getting "NaN" insteand.
Chang
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Yes, that is the way to get the MUs. Are you modifying the beams somehow in your script? Modifications in script invalidate the MUs (similarly as happens when doing modifications in the Eclipse UI). In that case you would maybe want to save the MUs before modifications, to be used later in the dose calculation step.
Seppo
Developer
Aug 19, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Thanks, that solves my problem! Hope there's a document about these details.
Chang