A CMake build system for Eclipse Algorithm API user code.

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:04 AM
Hello everyone,

I have been working with the EAAPI for about a week now. Not being a Visual Studio (or Windows) user I have found the build/compilation, and algorithm installation/uninstallation steps cumbersome, especially in the early development phase where changes to the code are frequent.

With that in mind, I have put together a CMake build system for user code using the EAAPI which also produces install and uninstall scripts, meaning you can stay on the (Cygwin) command line the whole time, and never open Visual Studio.

It allows for things like this:
cmake <path to project root> -G"Visual Studio 10 Win64" -DSERVANT:STRING=MyAlgorithm -DVERSION:STRING=0.0.1
cmake --build . --config Debug
cmake -P install.cmake
<do your testing>
cmake -P uninstall.cmake
This takes care of compilation, copying all of the relevant files to the appropriate locations, and registering the servant and algorithm, and the reverse. I am maintaining a repository with the build system and instructions for use here:

https://github.com/christopherpoole/EABuilder

Hopefully this is useful to someone other than me, however it is still a work in progress that I will update as I learn more about the EAAPI.

Chris.
Aug 27, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Hi Cristopher,

nice proposal I did not know that CMake can be used with C# as well. (unfortunately c# has been chosen as the scripting language I would have preferred C++ or Python). I guess cmake-gui

does it as well. What do we need Cygwin for ?

best regard karl

Von: christopherpoole [email removed]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. August 2014 04:05
An: Loewe
nich Karl Ferdinand
Betreff: A CMake build system for Eclipse Algorithm API user code. [variandeveloper:562092]

Hello everyone,

I have been working with the EAAPI for about a week now. Not being a Visual Studio (or Windows) user I have found the build/compilation, and algorithm installation/uninstallation steps cumbersome, especially in the early development phase where changes to the code are frequent.

With that in mind, I have put together a CMake build system for user code using the EAAPI which also produces install and uninstall scripts, meaning you can stay on the (Cygwin) command line the whole time, and never open Visual Studio.

It allows for things like this:

cmake <path to project root> -G"Visual Studio 10 Win64" -DSERVANT:STRING=MyAlgorithm -DVERSION:STRING=0.0.1
cmake --build . --config Debug
cmake -P install.cmake
<do your testing>
cmake -P uninstall.cmake

This takes care of compilation, copying all of the relevant files to the appropriate locations, and registering the servant and algorithm, and the reverse. I am maintaining a repository with the build system and instructions for use here:

https://github.com/christopherpoole/EABuilder

Hopefully this is useful to someone other than me, however it is still a work in progress that I will update as I learn more about the EAAPI.

Chris.