PlanSum weighting factor for included PlanSetups

Sep 30, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Is it possible to get from the API the weighting factor that is applied to each PlanSetup included in a particular PlanSum? I do not see a property for this in the PlanSum class. In the database, I believe this information is located in the PlanSumPlanSetup table, but it is not easy to fetch it given the absence of serial numbers for API objects. Which begs a second question -- why aren't serial numbers included in the API, and will they ever be?!?

Thanks!

Pete
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2014 at 1:27 AM
Unfortunately the component plan weights and sign (+ or -) for PlanSums were not included in ESAPI. These have been added and will show up in a future release.

The API is designed to look more like DICOM and less like the database, which is why it includes access to DICOM UIDs and Series & Studies. This is done to promote connectivity between the API and standards-based technologies.

There are no plans to add serial numbers to API objects.
Oct 28, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Thanks for the response! Glad the plan weights and sign will be added in the future.

Too bad that serial numbers are not being considered. I understand the reasoning, but having serial numbers could be very helpful for integration with institutional data warehouses, and for situations where additional data from the database that is not included in the API is needed in an application. Of course it can still be retrieved with a database query based on object IDs and/or DICOM UIDs, but that complicates code significantly. We may be the only customers with this use case, but perhaps you can survey other API users and consider it if there are others who would find it valuable.

Thanks again!

Pete