Working on Non-Eclipse MSVisualStuduio PC?

Dec 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Hi,

Is it possible for work on PC having MSVisualStudio for coding on a Non-Eclipse installed PC?
Say, for example, I can export the DVH into a file so that I can copy that exported file and then work on the Non-Eclipse installed PC. The main aim is not to disturb the Eclipse PC.
Any suggestion pls.....

Thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2014 at 6:13 PM
It is not supported, so no. Strictly speaking the Varian dlls will not work outside of their native environment because there are COM references tied in to the API dlls.

However, there are some tricks you can do but it is a lot of work (speaking from experience). You can replicate the entire namespace of the VMS.TPS....API dll. You have to make your own class that has the same properties, methods, as the real class, or at least the properties and methods you want available outside. When you pull data from the real library, you can copy the properties over to your replicate library equivalent class. You can use a tool like Automapper to do class copies for you.

As far as saving for later, you will have to implement file serialization to cache the local state of the stack. Then, you can serialize out and bring back in for offline processing whenever you want. Of course you will be in the fake library and so real deep method calls you will not be able to do (unless you really implement them yourself).

That sounds like a feature request : VMS.TPS...API.Light.dll that encapsulates the core functionality of working with real Aria data but is for offline use and "at home" development.
Marked as answer by rexcardan on 12/12/2014 at 10:13 AM
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Edited Dec 12, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Thanks, your feature request is noted.
Dec 15, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Thanks rexcardan. I will try and see how it goes.....
Regards.