Difference in dose exported via API and standard DICOM export in v13

Jul 18, 2016 at 10:28 PM
Edited Jul 18, 2016 at 10:38 PM
Hi all

I wrote a script using the Beam.Dose.GetDoseProfile function to export 2D dose layers. I also exported the dose in dicom format in Eclipse. But the exported dose from API is consistently 10% higher than those from DICOM export and what was displayed in Eclipse, seems there is a global scaling factor there.

I am using Aria v13, the script was adapted from a earlier version which was working correctly in Aria v11.

BTW: this is the dose calculated in proton treatment plans, so there is a 1.1 RBE factor which seems corresponding to the differences above. I have no proof of it yet, perhaps some Aria experts can explain this to us or tell us whether this 1.1 RBE factor is somewhere in the Beam config

Thank you
Jul 21, 2016 at 3:33 PM
Edited Jul 21, 2016 at 3:33 PM
after some discussion with our colleagues at Varian, it seems this problem is caused by the new Beam.Dose.GetDoseProfile function in Aria 13.
This function will export relative dose values, regardless of how you setup the PlanSetup.DoseValuePresentation.

In order to convert it to absolute values, here is the scaling factor I found:
double scaleFactor = plan.PlanNormalizationValue * plan.TotalPrescribedDose.Dose * plan.beam.field.WeightFactor

Problem solved !

Thanks Wayne for pointing out the right direction for this solution.
Jul 28, 2016 at 9:01 PM
Is it possible to share the script?