Plan Quality Metrics issue with same OAR name but different constraints

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:15 PM
Hi all, I'm stuck trying to move the PlanQualityMetrics project forward.

We have ~ 15 different written directive templates for different site / fractionation combinations. Each directive has a set of standard OAR constraints included. I can't figure out how to deal with sites where the OARs are the same, but the constraints are different. For instance, our pelvis standard fractionation, pelvis SBRT, and prostate standard fractionation all contain OAR rectum but the constraints vary.

I pictured having a bunch of espai.dlls that match the written directive constraint sets available in the system scripts folder. However, when I tested with 2 dlls built with different constraints defined in UserDefinedMetrics, both retrieved the same metrics. Can someone enlighten me on what I'm missing?

Thanks, Andrew
Apr 2 at 6:45 PM
Hello,
I have same issue and I guess working in PQM will require extensive coding to have lookup tables to deal with each dose constrains for different sites.
What I did I created for each site PQM, so in the scripts, I have many sites such as prostate, rectum, H&N, Brain, Anal Canal, Stomach and so on.
I think this is the easiest way unless you find some programmer who can make lookup tables for different sites.
Apr 6 at 9:21 PM
I have had the same problem that cho232 experienced. I think it has something to do with the Dose values being declared as static and that they do not refresh until the External beam planning module is exited.
Apr 7 at 5:56 PM
Hi Andrew,

I added separate PQMs in the UserDefinedMetrics for sites that have different fractionation constraints (SpinalCord, SpinalCord_1Fx, SpinalCord_3Fx, etc). In the WriteDoseStatisticsXML I added more methods for other fractionations (1Fx, 3Fx, 4Fx, 5Fx, Breast, Conventional) and added the user defined PQMs in there. Then in the PQMReporter I checked the plan(s) fraction number to see which category it fell into.

I'm having trouble with these special cases as well:
-A 5 fraction boost, but not hypofractionated
-You want to use RTOG breast constraints and its conventionally fractionated
-Can you also report the dose scaled limits if its just an initial plan and a boost plan will be done later?
-Hypofractionated and conventional plan in a plansum

I would like to have the ability to have a dropdown menu so that you can select other constraint templates too.
Jul 11 at 1:04 PM
BilalJalal wrote:
Hello,
I have same issue and I guess working in PQM will require extensive coding to have lookup tables to deal with each dose constrains for different sites.
What I did I created for each site PQM, so in the scripts, I have many sites such as prostate, rectum, H&N, Brain, Anal Canal, Stomach and so on.
I think this is the easiest way unless you find some programmer who can make lookup tables for different sites.
How did you implement this exactly? Do you check plan name and then use a specific section of PQM for this?
Sep 26 at 7:19 PM
sunebuhl wrote:
BilalJalal wrote:
Hello,
How did you implement this exactly? Do you check plan name and then use a specific section of PQM for this?
Well, as I mentioned before, for each site I did PQM, such as rectum, anal canal, H&N, and so on, then I changed the PQM title according to the site been treated, so you run the script that fits into the site you are treating, and for each PQM I changed the constrains to match the required OARs