Eclipse Esapi Scripting over Citrix

Aug 3, 2016 at 8:05 PM
Hi Varian Developers,

I just attended my first Workshop on Eclipse ESAPI scripting in Washington DC last week - a lot of information! My question is I have an office PC which I can connect to Eclipse via citrix.
I installed both the Eclipse Scripting Wizard and VS 2015 Community on my PC so that I can upload plug-in scripts across citrix to Eclipse. However, is it possible to create standalone scripts on my office PC as well? Would I need to copy the VMS.TPS.Common.Model.API.dll and VMS.TPS.Model.Types.dll from my citrix server?
I naively tried to copy these two dll's from our thick-client Eclipse Box and added them as references in my VS 2015 app but when I tried to execute the script it complained that it could not find VMS.TPS.Model.dll or any of its dependencies?

Thanks for all your help,
Nathan
Aug 4, 2016 at 2:21 PM
Hi Nathan,

I do exactly as you describe for my scripting (including compiled standalones and dlls). Debugging is a pain but it is possible.

I copied .Types.dll, .Interface.dll, and .API.dll to my local machine and added them to my code in two places. One in the main code file with using statements:

using VMS.TPS.Common.Model.API;
using VMS.TPS.Common.Model.Types;
using VMS.TPS.Common.Model.Interface;

The other is the reference manager, accessed using Project-->Add References. Go to the browse tab at the left and find and load up (bottom right of the window-->Browse) the dlls. Make sure that the checkbox on the left of the name is checked in that window once they are all loaded.

Hope that helps!

Eric
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2016 at 1:57 PM
Nathan,

It's not that easy. You'd need to copy a lot of other files (like those in the VMSOS and Varian directories). There's also registry information that would have to be replicated on your system. You can certainly try, though.
Aug 11, 2016 at 10:16 PM
evanuytven wrote:
Hi Nathan,

I do exactly as you describe for my scripting (including compiled standalones and dlls). Debugging is a pain but it is possible.

I copied .Types.dll, .Interface.dll, and .API.dll to my local machine and added them to my code in two places. One in the main code file with using statements:

using VMS.TPS.Common.Model.API;
using VMS.TPS.Common.Model.Types;
using VMS.TPS.Common.Model.Interface;

The other is the reference manager, accessed using Project-->Add References. Go to the browse tab at the left and find and load up (bottom right of the window-->Browse) the dlls. Make sure that the checkbox on the left of the name is checked in that window once they are all loaded.

Hope that helps!

Eric
I have successfully compiled a stand-alone *.exe on my local PC with reference manager pointing to Model.API, .Model.Types and *.Model.Interface which are located on a shared folder (accessible from my local PC and from Citrix).

I set my build output path to that same shared folder.

Opened up CMD.exe from the Citrix session, navigated to the shared folder and ran the DVHBioCorrection.exe and worked like a charm.

If only I could run the stand-alones from my local PC....