Question about ObjectiveTemplate XML file in RapidPlanMode

Developer
Aug 11, 2016 at 9:37 PM
In the ObjectiveTemplate XML file , what the following tags, which are under <objective>, mean?

1<Type> 0 </Type>
2<ParameterA>
3<Group> 0 </Group>
4 Why some Volumes are not defined when <Type> 0 </Type>

I need to extract the Objectives to my current project.

Thanks,

Angell
Aug 12, 2016 at 12:55 AM
Type 0 means point objective or dose-volume objective.
ParameterA is for gEUD objectives.
If you load your template file with Type 0 and undefined Volume into Eclipse, what do you see in the Optimization Objectives tab?

Thanks,
Yupeng
Developer
Aug 12, 2016 at 3:36 PM
Hi Yupeng,

Thanks for your quick response.

Because my research box have no license to load rapid plan mode to my system, I cannot test "loading template and seeing how it shows in the optimization Objectives Tab" . All the data I got are from Database.
Let me verify :
1> Type (0) is Point Objective; Type (1) is Line Objective - ____in the case, can we get CurveData from Database?
__
2> The <Group> value matches the __<Type> value __ (Based on my observation)

3> Can you give me an example about <ParameterA> if it have a value ? - I cannot find it in my file.

Thanks,

Angell
Aug 12, 2016 at 11:17 PM
1) I don't run RapidPlan, so I can only confirm that Type 3 is gEUD objective and Type 0 is point objective.
2) I generated several templates for testing, all give Group value 0. Maybe you can try Varian helpdesk for this question.
3) Please look up the term generalized equivalent uniform dose for detailed info on the parameter "a". ParameterA can take any positive value up to 40 in Eclipse.

Best regards,

Yupeng