Integration of scripts into workflow

Oct 25, 2016 at 4:19 PM
Can C# interact with or integrate into the existing workflow in ARIA? Can a task automatically execute a script or can a script generate an action like completing a task? Can you record a series of button clicks as a macro for a script to execute to automate repeated user actions?
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2016 at 6:22 PM
The simple answer is "No." There's no easy way to have tasks execute a script or a script modify a task's status. Also, scripting doesn't support recording of user actions. However, you may be able do these things by writing or using specialized software. I actually haven't done any of this myself, but here are some ideas as to how you may be able to do them.

To have a task execute a script, you could create a service that listens to changes to the ARIA database, specifically, in the tables and columns where tasks are created or modified. If the desired task is created or status changed, the service could execute the desired script.

For a script to complete a task, you'd have to have write-access to the ARIA database and know exactly what you need to change. I don't recommend doing this unless you really know what you're doing.

For recording user actions, you could use something like AutoIt. I know of people who have used it successfully to record button clicks and text input in Eclipse.
Nov 23, 2016 at 8:47 PM
Thank you for your thoughtful reply! I'll let you know if I'm able to pursue any of these avenues.