VM library version conflict?

Nov 23, 2016 at 3:16 PM
Hi there,
I'm all new to C# coding and to the ES-API so I apologize in advance for the naive nature of my questions !

I started looking into simple script examples found here and there yesterday but I ran into some issues.
  1. I can launch the example script provided by Varian on the station (ShowStructureInformation.cs)
  2. I cannot launch hello.cs such as provided on the ES-API reference guide (v 13.6).
    It looks like VMS.TPS.Common.Model.API is not know recognized by the compiler ("Error CS0234, the type or Namespace name "Common" does not exist in namespace "VMS.TPS" (are you missing an assembly reference?")
On the contrary, in executing ShowStructureInformation.cs, VM.IRS.Scripting namespace is called and recognized by the compiler. But it doesn't seem to be refered to in the ESAPI online help.

We use Eclipse version 13.6, ESAPI version 13.7.

I cannot understand the nature of the issue here, except maybe some version problem? I am missing some libraries?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2016 at 7:09 PM
The VMS.IRS.Scripting namespace is part of the SmartAdapt API, not Eclipse Scripting API (ESAPI), so that's probably why it's not referred to in the ESAPI online help.

How are you launching hello.cs? Are you in External Beam Planning?

You can verify that you have ESAPI installed by going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Varian\Vision\13.6\Bin64\esapi. There should be several assemblies there, including VMS.TPS.Common.Model.API.dll.
Dec 5, 2016 at 11:21 AM
Allright,

The solution was to be in External Beam Planning and not in Contouring.
It works...

Thank you for your help.